Friday, August 17, 2012

5 things I Miss About Summer

Joy of Kindergarten is hosting this linky.  I still remember when we started the summer with "You Know It's Summer Vacation When" linky.  Sigh. . . .

This is my weekend to say "good-bye" to summer.  Kids start Monday.  Open House was great. . . the kids were all excited and smiling (always a good sign!)  I think it will be a GREAT year BUT here's what I will miss:

 Hanging out at the pool with my kids.
(I read, they swam.  It just doesn't get much more relaxing than that!)



Vacations with my family.





Sleeping in!



Having time to read for FUN!

Having time for friends!


BUT. . . 

9 more months and I'll get to do it all over again!

A friend of mine shared this video with me today.     Check it out if you're in need of a little motivation:



  

4 comments:

  1. Oh I love Janet Evanovich! I used to read her number series books in the car while my daughter had soccer practice. One day after practice she got in the car and told me I was not allowed to bring my book anymore (in her yelling I'm so embarrassed teenage voice) because from outside of the car I looked like I was randomly laughing at nothing. ha! Are you from MN? That's where all my family lives, up near Anoka. :)
    Thanks for linking up!!

    :) Nancy
    Joy of Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so funny! I'm always laughing out loud and my husband gives me dirty looks and asks "what?" I love that her books make people do that! I'm from south eastern South Dakota but we love the Twins and try to make it to a game at least once a year.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing the video. I heard that story years ago, but seeing it & hearing it again is a wonderful reminder of how lucky I am & to focus on the golf balls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot about reading. I was very proud of myself to actually read some books this summer! :)

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete